Friday, March 22, 2013

Sons Of Encouragement

With the exception of reading textbooks and required readings for English, I don't have much time left over for leisure/recreational reading; however, I do participate in a women's group.  We have just finished Francine Rivers' Sons of Encouragement.  This book gives stories on heroes of the Bible that maybe are not as "well known" such as Aaron, Caleb, Jonathan, Amos and Silas.  It was a wonderful book and gave great insight to these men and how they shaped history.  I have read many of Francine Rivers' books and always look forward to when she has a new one.  My husband knows that Francine Rivers is always a safe bet for Christmas gifts!!  She intwines bibically accurate information into story lines.  I, at least, feel that I am transported back in time and get caught up in the lives of her characters very quickly and deeply.  I am somewhat sad when I finish one of her books.  Feel like I am losing a very good friend!  I guess that is the gift of a truly good author!

No comments:

Post a Comment