Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A snowy Monday morning

After getting an automated phone call at 5:40 Monday morning (March 25th) advising me that classes at IUK were cancelled due to inclement weather, I happily rolled over and snuggled back down in my warm bed.  At 7:00 my husband came in to let me know he was going out to plow out the driveway.  After lying in bed for a few minutes, guilt overcame me and I got up and went out to help.  After cleaning our drive and sidewalk, we ventured over to his mother's and cleaned her sidewalks (thankfully we have someone that comes in and plows her drive as it is quite long).  One parent done..over to my parents to do their drive and sidewalks.

Decided after such hard work, I was going to cuddle up with a blanket and read.  Picked up my kindle and started on "The Great Gatsby".  Took me a little while to get caught up in the story.  I did spend the better part of the afternoon reading.  Not quite as far along as I would like; but I have to admit it is becoming quite an interesting story.  Hoping to get it finished by the end of the week and, at least, get one or two "pod activities" completed before Friday night!!!

1 comment: